Search This Blog

Sunday, April 2, 2017

The Virtual Writing Academy by M. Kirin

So, I've been watching this youtuber called M. Kirin for awhile, and he has a writing prompt series called the Virtual Writing Academy. His latest video in that series is here. I thought I would do the prompt here instead of in my usual software, because I like sharing my writing. So here goes-- Virtual writing Academy #10:

Trickster, Charlie, X, and filed back to the spaceship, our hearts heavy. The U.I.P.F. agents cheered for us as we staggered up the gangplank, but I heard nothing. Nothing but Destiny's final words: "take it. This is your destiny."
I couldn't believe it. Settling into my place at the ship's helm, and readying the holographic images that would lead us home, I felt the meteor pulsing like a second heartbeat in my right shoulder. Why it chose to lodge itself there, in the center of my tattoo, I had no idea. Perhaps it had thought the red and the green would look festive together.
The idea was laughable, but I didn't laugh. I had a job to do. I pressed the hologram in all the places Firestorm had showed me, and felt the ship lurch beneath my feet. I fell back in my chair, and the hologram to my left showed us hurtling at light speed towards Earth.
"This is the Andromeda galaxy," Ahmed whispered in my ear, almost an hour later.
I swore, and hit my head on the keyboard. Firestorm had betrayed us.

So this is awful, but I did my best, and that's what counts. Happy writing!

2 comments: