Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2017

My Favorite Writing Quotes

I came across this site a while back, and I thought I'd share some of the quotes I found there. Whenever I'm stuck, I look at the quotes until I'm motivated again. I hope these help.


If you like to tell stories and compose sentences, and if you work hard at being good at these things, then you are a writer even if you haven’t published anything.  -Trenton Lee Stewart


Writing is magic, as much the water of life as any other creative art. The water is free. So drink. Drink and be filled up. -Steven King


Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. -William Wordsworth

Don’t tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass. -Anton Chekhov 


This manuscript of yours that has just come back from another editor is a precious package. Don't consider it rejected. Consider that you've addressed it 'to the editor who can appreciate my work' and it has simply come back stamped 'not at this address.' Just keep looking for the right address. -Barbara Kingsolver


When I was 8, I was reading a book in which it was snowing. When I looked outside, I expected there to be snow on the ground. I thought, "This is the most powerful thing I can do! I’m going to be a writer.” -Candace Bushnell

No comments:

Post a Comment